9.05.2003

I am in such a fall mood right now... it's raining, cooler out... just generally fallish today. It makes me want to pull out all my fall CDs and have a cup of tea and scones and clotted cream and read Dickens. I revert back to my anglophile Victorian England at Christmas time side when it gets to be fall out. This mood will last at least another hour when, in true Texas form, the sun will come out blazing and the temp will reach 95 within a matter of minutes.

Got a new CD burner... it works like a dream. But I think I'm low on memory now. I swear if it's not one thing it's another. And to add to my annoyances, my space bar is suddenly sticking, and I have to beat it to death just to get it to make a space as I type. I'm going to have a really strong thumb by the end of this blog.

Oh, and my cello bridge is broken. So it's like $60 just to get some dude to cut it and fit it to my cello. What's so frustrating about that is that I could do it if I just had the proper tool to cut the bridge. It's almost comical to me at this point... we're trying to get back into the swing of gigging and working again, and nothing is working for me... all these little equipment failures are just hilariously frustrating. I don't get it. I can't tell if the universe is just really against me doing my job, or if it's just part of the whole "bursting from the cocoon" resistance that is meant to make us strong enough to fly. Woweee... that was mighty poetic, wasn't it? Yeah, you know what I mean though. I feel like we're on the brink of this new season of cool things, and we're just having to really fight through a lot of resistance even just to get going. It's alright... makes me just want to push harder. But some days I just want to scream! It's all so very silly.

Today I am going to fix my cello bridge -- I can rig the pickup to work on my other cello, I think -- and I need to burn like a zillion CDs. Plus I need to revamp our website. So that's on the agenda today, although, somehow, it's already 11:30. How did that happen?

So there ya go. I need to get to work. Hello. Thank you.

NP: Maura O'Connell -- Stories

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com