9.08.2003

Hollywood A.D.

I'm eating peanut butter toast and drinking my morning blog quad cappuccino, and my space bar is still sticking. Das ist nicht so gut.

So we played at St. John Lutheran Church last night... I wish everyone could have been there. I think it was the best show we've ever done, mainly because the venue was absolutely amazing and it made it just absolutely enjoyable to play there. When the sound is good, we play better. Our friend Mark Bickle ran sound for us, and he did an amazing job. It was nice, for once, to not have to sing over cappuccino machines and talking people (well, except for the row of teenagers that giggled and made fun of us the whole time, but what do you expect?)... it was just a nice show for us to do. Our friend Rick Brown sat in with us and played piano on "Enemy," "Rain," "Better Days Ahead," "Bright Blue Rose," and "You Move Me." Those songs just shone with him on piano... he is an amazing player and it was a really nice addition (and something different) to the LJG sound. Anyway, we had a fabulous time, made some new friends, and had a great "kickoff" show to the fall tour season.

I wish we could play that sort of venue all the time... it's really what I've always wanted to do. I love doing to coffeehouses and smaller venues, but our vision is to play the Majestic Theatres and Bass Halls and those types of places... 1000 seaters with amazing acoustics. That's not so crazy, right? I mean, geez, as cool as it would be to sell out Madison Square Garden, that's not us. Of course, we wouldn't complain, but the performing arts centers is where our hearts really are. Is that so wrong? hehehehe.......

I hear a cold front is coming! Yaaaaaay! They say that on Friday, the high is only going to be in the mid 80's. Wooo-hooo! Fall is coming! Punkins and spiced lattes and stuff. I LOVE fall.

I have so much to do today... my house looks like it imploded. I have dishes from the weekend (we were just here to sleep, basically) and sound equipment and laundry that I washed but haven't folded... I'd throw a load in at night just to have clothes for the next day, and then would have to leave early in the morning and they just didn't get folded!

Well, that, and I spent all last week fighting with that STUPID computer of mine, trying to burn CDs... I've never had a problem like this before, but I have discovered that you get what you pay for when it comes to CDRs. Yeah. We're broke, because we're musicians, right? So we go to OfficeMax to buy some CDRs. They had a pack of 50 silver face CDRs -- I like the silver face because I can put labels on them and nothing shows through the label -- for $14.99. $14.99, with a 4.99 register rebate and a $10 mail-in rebate... so yeah, FREE CDRs! Well, they are CRAP! Total crap. I thought it was my CD burner... got a new CD Burner, and they still wouldn't burn. So I told David to go back to OfficeMax and get me some name brand CDRs -- he got Memorex -- and they burned like a dream. That totally angers me that OfficeMax would sell product that sucks that bad... that's an insult to me as a consumer. So the crap CDs are going back to OfficeMax for a refund. Moral: DO NOT BUY OFF BRAND CDRS!

Well, David's off today because he's fighting the funk, so I should probably go and cater to him and pat him on the head and say, "There, there." That, and I want to listen to our minidisc recording of last night, and see how that turned out. If it is good, I'll stick an mp3 of a song or two up here so that all you goofballs who skipped out on us last night can hear it. Who loves ya, baby?

Don't eat the yellow snow.


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com